Friday 29 June 2012

How did I get to where I am? :O
(Thats deep man...)


One thing that I hear from time to time is, how did you start writing music? And really it was an amazing mix of practise and determination. 
From the age where I could write and put actual sentences together I started writing poems for people. Literally I would give people these things everyday! (they'll tell you how annoying it was I'm sure! hehe!) :) And I think because I was constantly writing them, it gave me the practise for writing lyrics and rhyming words together from a very early age. 


I've been writing songs for the past four years now, maybe even five! (I keep saying four but now it might be longer!) When I was in first school I had keyboard and then piano lessons and continued to play and practise piano for several years. In year seven I came out of public education and was home educated with my younger sister for four years until I started college in 2010. 


When I was fifteen I picked up an old nylon string classic guitar that was lying around the house and I taught myself how to play. Basically I printed off a couple chords on-line and spent the next couple weeks painfully strumming away until it sounded... better? I wrote my first song the day I picked it up and haven't stopped since! (to be fair - even before I was writing songs with the guitar I was writing music on the keyboard using an old Yamaha)


The most important thing when I think about writing my own music and performing it for people is that I remember what I'm doing it for. Of course I love sharing it with everyone who wants to hear me (thats absolutely amazing!) , but I always try and remember how I'm not out to win anything. My music is simply my way of expressing whatever might be happening at the time I pick up Rascal!! :) 


FYI - I have two guitars. I got my first guitar for the Christmas after I started teaching myself! She is a classic - and her name is "Maggie" (she makes an appearance in the "hold me up again" video on my youtube) 


And I got the second for my seventeenth birthday from a Cash converters in Stevenage - he is an acoustic guitar called Rascal. 


I <3 them both very much! 


So yeah! This is my first blog and I hope to write every week to let you guys know whats happening and what's going on! Obviously I do tend to ramble on about whatever comes into my head! But stop me if I get boring! :) 


The main thing I want you to get out of these blogs, is so you know a bit more about me! Obviously I know most of you, and the people who are close to me know how crazy and ditsy I am! So check it out as I should be updating it once a week from now on! 


AND check out my youtube - theres an amaaaazing new track out that was recorded and produced by a fellow college student: Harrison Ballard! 
www.youtube.com/mollychenoafisher 


Talk again soon!


Molly <3

No comments:

Post a Comment